Sunday, February 15, 2009

Frazier, Colorado- Part two

Well, after playing in the beautiful, deep powder we headed up to the tubing hut. As our names rapidly approached the top of the list, the kiddos got a chance to watch what tubing was all about. They couldn't wait to get out there & try it! Unfortunately, they had to wait another 30 minutes- at least Grandad & Mimi brought a bag of burgers for us to munch on!! The official wait time at this point was up to 5 hours now- CRAZY!!! So here we are waiting......


Babs, Maddog, & Andy




William, Meagan, James & Audrey- all being sooooo patient!



When we finally got the tubes we had one hour- & we had a blast!!! The cousins loved every minute from tubing, to riding back up on the pulley, to waiting in line & giving noogies to each other! It went by fast but was perfect! Everyone had a fantastic time. The girls & James had to ride with adults- only William was old enough to ride by himself. That worked out very well. We all tied up together each time down the hill so we could laugh together & go much faster that way!! We always went so much further than the average tuber with all five tubes chained together. The weight of 3 adults & 4 kids can move VERY fast! Here we are:

Here is Meagan & I on the first run taking our own pic!



Here is a view from the top of the hill just before we take off:

Here is video I took of Andy & Meagan going down. I think I squealed everytime to get the girls to giggle. You can hear Auds at the end laughing once she catches her breath! As you can hear, my butt was sitting too low as we went over the "slow down" ridge at the bottom of the hill. I grabbed the camera so as not to drop it- my hand covers the lens for a few seconds. There is lots of wind noise as we raced down!


This one is Andy & Meagan holding the camera as Auds & I race down opposite of them. Audrey did not like the snow kicking up in her face so I had to pry her mittens away in order for the camera to capture her glee!


When our time was up we headed to Beau Jo's pizza for some mountain pies & cold beer- a great finish to an awesome time in the mountains!!

1 comment:

Cheryl the Hagmeister said...

LOVE the action shots!! Your girls are all smiles....makes ME smile! What a fun trip!